July 2007: Free update for Mac and Windows.
Version 5.0.4 is free to licensed users of FontLab Studio 5.
To obtain the free update, browse to our updates page and fill out the update request form. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing.
Version 5.0.4 of FontLab Studio 5 fixes some bugs, improves the stability of the program and adds some new features. Below are some of the most important changes. We recommend this update to all users of FontLab Studio 5.
- Fixed a critical bug (introduced in FontLab Studio 5.0.3) that resulted in incomplete generation of OpenType kerning (only kerning pairs that involved classes were generated, no singleton pairs).
- Fixed a bug in handling of global guidelines.
- Fixed a bug in handling of tangent startpoints.
- Fixed minor bug in export of EPS files (correct date is now written).
- A default filename is now used when EPS files are exported.
- Python improvement: "modified" attribute has been added to Glyph class. It is set to 1 when a glyph has unsaved modifications (which is also indicated in the user interface by a black bar on top of the glyph cell in the glyph window).